Creating and exploiting space with the 3-5-2 formation (An Antonio Conte’s Juventus case study)
Presenter: Athanasios Terzis
This presentation provides an analysis of how a team that uses the 3-5-2 formation can create and exploit gaps in the opposition’s defensive line. The specific formation can be used in order to drag defenders out of position and create space in specific areas. This space can be exploited by certain players and in different ways. However if space is not created the players who take part in the situation have other alternative options. The presentation will be supported by video analysis and animation as well as animated drills.
Athanasios Terzis is the author of this book:
SOCCER-BOOK: COACHING THE JUVENTUS 3-5-2 – ATTACKING
There are 51 tactical analysis topics which have been used to produce 21 sessions (64 practices) including functional practices, opposed/unopposed zone play, game situations, transition games and small sided games.
This will enable you to coach your team to attack like one of the most successful teams in Europe.
Tactical Analysis Coaching Topic SAMPLES:
- Finding The Free Player When Building Up Play
- Creating and Exploiting Space On the Strong Side
- Making a Run On the Blind Side of the Defender.
- Receiving Between the Lines and Playing the Final Pass
- Exploiting Space Between the Centre Back and Wing Back On the Weak Side
- The 2 Forwards Combining In The Centre
- Creating and Exploiting Space in Behind the Defence
- Synchronised Movements To Create Space For The Attacking Midfielder
- Switching Play Into The Available Space
- Advantages of the 3-5-2 Against the 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 Formation
- Exploiting Space Behind The Full Bac