Athansios Terzis will present in this classroom session content out of his exellent book:
Coaching Build Up Play Against High Pressing Teams
Athansios will give a short introduction of the main message of the book and then he will presente tactical topics from the content. Each tactical topic will be followed by some drills he will show and explain.
Learn to Coach „The Bielsa Way“ – Building Up Play Against High Pressing Teams with 9 Full Sessions (35 Practices) based on 9 Game Situations from the Tactics of Marcelo Bielsa.
This incredible FULLCOLOUR book helps coaches improve improve their training sessions to build up play against high pressing teams, using the tactics of Marcelo Bielsa. .
Athanasios Terzis is a UEFA ‚A‘ Licence Coach and has produced extensive analysis of Marcelo Bielsa in 9 different tactical situations, supported with 9 full training sessions (35 practices). Athanasios is the author of some of the best-selling Football Coaching books, most notably ‚Jurgen Klopp’s Attacking and Defending Tactics‘, ‚Coaching the Juventus 3-5-2‘ and ‚FC Barcelona Training Sessions‘, which won the Italian FA Award for “Best Coaching Book” in 2014.
The book includes Marcelo Bielsa’s tactics (and playing philosophy) for:
- Building up play from the back against high pressing teams
- Full analysis of his 4-2-3-1, 3-3-3-1 and 3-4-3 formations
Marcelo Bielsa’s attacking philosophy includes a mix of:
- Short and long passing
- Moving the ball to the free player through ‚link players‘
- Creating numerical advantages
- Dragging opposition players out of position and exploiting the gaps created
Marcelo Bielsa is a highly respected coach and is famous for his innovative playing style, tactics and formations. He has had a massive influence on football across the world and on other top coaches, such as Pep Guardiola, Mauricio Pochettino, Jorge Sampaoli and Gerardo Martino.
The aim of the book is to use the innovative tactics of Marcelo Bielsa to provide a complete guide of how to build up play effectively against high pressing teams.
To successfully build up from the back, the team in possession has to follow four steps:
- Step 1: Provide a free passing option for the goalkeeper
- Step 2: Move the ball to the target or free player
- Step 3: Create a numerical advantage in specific areas of the pitch
- Step 4: Take advantage (exploit) the numerical advantage